Monday, September 14, 2009

There, there, baby, it's just text book stuff, It's in the a-b-c of growing up.

Work yesterday. Somewhere in the midst of that harrowing 11-8 shift, a thought occurred to me. Whilst staring into a bucket of ice, I noticed one ice cube, though spherical in shape, that had fallen out of the bucket. All the "cubes" had been there the same amount of time, yet, this solitary sphere had started to melt.

Was this a reflection on human life? That if all of us pieces of ice don't maintain integrity, and stick together, as it were, we too will melt away to nothing? That interdependence is key to survival? Or, alternatively, was this just me being gay?

Either way, you're reading about it. So who's gay now? ;)

1 comment:

  1. bit of an over analysis of melting ice?
    i broke a glass into the ice bucket my accident in work. the bar staff yelled at me.

    ReplyDelete