Monday, February 8, 2010

What is the physical embodiment of irony?

She reads a book from across the street,
Waiting for someone that she'll never meet.
Talk over coffee for an hour or two,
She wonders why I'm always in a good mood.
Killin' time before she struts her stuff,
She needs support and I've become the crutch.
She'll never know how much she means to me.
I'd play the game but I'm the referee.

This school business isn't getting any easier. I want to study, I really do. But, try as I may, there seems to be no turning this leaf over. Or perhaps it's a double-sided lazy leaf. I don't know. I just wish it'd fuck off. English is really grinding my gears. When in life will you be posed with a situation in which you have to write a four page essay on a previously unheardof topic in one hour with no form of research?

Maybe I'm tempting fate though. Maybe I'll do excellently in the essay and excell in all aspects of life and put this all behind me. Until one day I awaken to find a gun pointed to my head. An ultimatum. Write a four page essay on a previously unheardof topic in one hour with no form of research, or die. Then, and only then, will I accept that the Leaving Certificate is not completely irrelevant. Fuck my life.

"Midnight. And the sky lays cracked and broken overhead. The sepia-toned skyline, a mere memory of the majestic vision it once was. Droplets of precipitation permeate the desolate holes in the atmosphere above, and fall like pearls of heaven, cleansing the complexions of those revelling below. A new era is born."

No comments:

Post a Comment