Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can't help but feel I should be in school.

So, I'm "sick", and subsequently have a morning off to avoid Physical Education. I am sick, I suppose. Just can't be listening to FOB again. 'Cause, let's face it, I wasn't going to do PE if I went in anyway. So instead of producing something worthwhile and productive, (and we all know how I feel about my application to a serious amount of studying) I'm going to update you all on how my new car is going. Not that any single one of you give a shit, but, y'know.

After much painful deliberation, I have decided on a colour. Chrome Orange, inspired by the BA Ford Falcon XR6. It's more a light shade of red than orange, to be fair. But in the right light, it's a perfect accompaniment to a set of white wheels. 16" imitation Rays, with Pirelli P Zeros, have also been procured:



Some distress has been encountered with regard to the front splitter, though. It seems almost beyond repair, and as such a new bumper is required. However, after several months of sourcing a front bumper, and amazingly finding a 98 spec half destroyed one, I am not willing to go find another. The splitter is the cancerous limb of the project which must be severed. Numerous sleepless nights have been lost over this decision, but ultimately, for the projects progression, it must be done. That last bit was bullshit, by the way, but I will miss it, like.

All that remains to be found, is a set of, again, 98 spec, rear clusters. Preferably in white and red, as these subtle tones, as well as their cleaner, neater lines, compliment the smooth Japanese styling of the overall car. All in all, in a matter of weeks, I hope to have achieved something to the effect of the picture below, except more importantly built, not bought.

3 comments: